Friday, December 21, 2007

Watching TV online, Part IX

Have all of the below choices left you confuzzled? Do you just want to know what site to go to watch that one special show that you're desperate to see online? Have I got a site for you! (This is the last one I plan on highlighting, unless something new comes out and grabs me in the near future.) It's called Tape It on the Internet, and known affectionately to some as TIOTI. This site has no video at all; it's just a catalog of where to find different shows online.

I've found this site to be quite useful, but there are two caveats. The first is that it makes little effort to differentiate between legal and illegal methods of watching. For those of you who are pirates, I guess this is great news! For the rest of us, it means that you have to think a little bit about where the show is coming from. If it's one of the sites I've mentioned or something else that sounds legit, it's fine. But if it's a site you've never heard of or one that has a long string of letters and numbers for an address, beware! The second is that it tends to be wrong a lot of the time about where to find episodes of new series, since they never go back and remove links after the shows expire. But these quibbles aside, this site is a real timesaver, and I recommend it highly.

No comments:

Post a Comment