Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Modest (Request for) Proposal(s)

As I mentioned before, I am filled with renewed optimism for this new year, and even though my singleness has been recently affirmed, I'm taking this grapefruit juice and making Squirt! A lot of people would talk vaguely about putting themselves out there in the dating world, whatever that is supposed to mean, but I'm a university administrator and I know I can surely do better. And so I have decided to put out an RFP, or Request for Proposals. Now, I don't actually want anybody to propose marriage (although I have to admit that would be an ego-booster at the moment), but rather I have the following proposition, issued in all seriousness.

If you're a person who knows me in real life, and have ever thought about asking me out but figured I wouldn't be interested or I must surely already have a boyfriend, this is your golden opportunity. All reasonable offers will be considered! However, I know that all real-life RFP's have a deadline to encourage timely participation, so I am creating a cut-off. This offer is available for a reasonable time only and ends at the end of spring quarter this year (fittlingly enough, Friday, June 13th.) However, the management reserves the right to issue another RFP at that time if she so chooses.

Let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment