Thursday, May 15, 2008

My thoughts on the new fall shows

Without committing myself to anything permanently, since we all know how much the fall schedule tends to change between May and August, I thought I'd briefly tell you what my thoughts are on the new fall schedule. I'll go hour by hour through the week.

Monday

8:00-- This hour is trying to kill me! We've got Gossip Girl, Chuck, and The Sarah Connor Chronicles all at the same time. My suspicion is that someone will eventually move one of these shows to a different slot. If that doesn't happen, I'm going to watch Chuck, tape Gossip Girl, and let Sarah Connor fall by the wayside.

9:00-- Heroes all the way, baby!

10:00-- I'll try the new show following Heroes, called My Own Worst Enemy. I'm not sure if it's really my type of show (it's about a secret agent living a double life), but I'll give it a shot.

Tuesday

8:00-- I'm not promising anything, since I never watched the original, but I'll give the reboot of 90210 a whirl.

9:00-- Four new shows to choose from! At this point I'm not really sure what I'm going to do. Surviving the Filthy Rich, about a caretaker to two spoiled teenagers, could be good or it could be shallow and vapid. The Mentalist, about a fake psychic who solves crimes for the police, sounds like it's been done before. Fringe is about an FBI agent who has to work with an insane genius to solve crimes. (Can somebody say Silence of the Lambs?) My guess is that this one will be too dark for me. Kath and Kim is a sitcom about a mother and daughter who live together outrageously. Ho hum. I guess I'll just wait and see what buzz develops around each of these shows.

10:00-- Free hour. Go to bed and get a good night's sleep.

Wednesday

8:00-- Pushing Daisies by a mile!

9:00-- Do Not Disturb is a comedy about behind-the-scenes action at a ritzy hotel. I'll give it a shot because it stars the dreamy Jerry O'Connell, whom I've loved since Sliders.

10:00-- Dirty Sexy Money vs. Lipstick Jungle. If I have to pick one, I'm going with DSM. But if I can stay up late enough to watch that live, I'll tape LJ.

Thursday

8:00-- Ugly Betty without thinking twice!

9:00-- Free hour. Watch something that I've taped from up above.

10:00-- Two new shows to pick from. My gut tells me I'll go with Life on Mars, about a man who mysteriously time travels back to 1972. There's also The Eleventh Hour, about a man who solves crises for the government (Can anyone say Threshold?), but my gut tells me this one will also be too dark for me.

Friday

8:00-- Ghost Whisperer is nominally one of my shows, but it has failed to thoroughly captivate me, so I'll probably try Crusoe. Just try and guess what that one is about.

9:00-- Even though some people say they're boycotting this slot because of the Moonlight debacle, hope springs eternal and I'm going to try the new entrant in this time period, The Ex List. It's about a woman who finds out she's already met and discarded the love of her life, so she has to go back and revisit everyone she's ever met. (Can someone say My Name is Earl?)

10:00-- Life wasn't one of my regular shows this year, but I did catch it in repeats and liked it quite well. So I'm going to give this one another shot.

Saturday

Crickets chirp. Watch a movie or The Love Boat on DVD.

Sunday

I say that I watch The Simpsons at 8:00, but in actuality that happens about once every two months. So my only real show this night is Brothers and Sisters at 10:00.

So there you have it. I must say I'm not nearly as excited about this fall season as I was last year. On the plus side, I'll probably have more time to read, do homework, and watch things on DVD.

3 comments:

  1. That's an extremely rigorous schedule. I hope you are in training now.

    PS - It is nice to see your voice. There's nothing like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I'm resting up so I can enter the new fall season with a fresh perspective! But you should know I take everything extremely seriously, even my recreation.

    There's nothing like your voice either. I've been eavesdropping on it for about 6 months now. But you didn't notice because I was wearing my invisibility cloak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's okay. I've been eavesdropping on myself, too.

    ReplyDelete