Monday, June 1, 2009

My Facebook woes

It's hard for me to admit it, but I'm starting to think that Facebook was a bad idea, and I'm starting to wonder if I should leave. The amazing thing about Facebook is that everybody you know from all walks of life can come there and mingle together and know every detail of your life. The bad thing about Facebook is exactly the same thing! I've been having a problem lately. People who barely know me in real life today, but think that they know me because we went to 3rd grade together or once had spouses who worked together or once sat 6 rows apart in a history lecture feel perfectly qualified to comment on all aspects of my life and insert themselves in discussions that really weren't meant for them. I find it hard to believe that most of these people would ever say those things in real life, and if they did, I wouldn't associate with them. My solution is to delete their comments from my wall, but that isn't working so well either, since that leaves big gaps in my history, and also makes it seem to others that I'm being cranky for no good reason. Is there a solution to this other than the final solution, which is to defriend them, which seems even more draconian on Facebook than it does in real life?

Oh, well, at least this blog is still a place I can vent and know that absolutely nobody is ever going to read it! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment