Sunday, October 7, 2007

New TV Shows, Part III

I'm going to update you on the few new shows I've seen since I wrote my first recap.

Life is Wild
Grade: A

I really loved this show! It's the kind of Sunday night family show that they haven't had for a few years. It's about a Brady-bunch type family that moves to Africa. There are tons of cute animals, and lots of believeable family conflict. I think this one is going to be great!

Cavemen
Grade: C

Well, this one wasn't as bad as I'd heard, but that's about all I can say for it. I don't think I'll be watching it again.

Carpoolers
Grade: B

It's a lot funnier than Cavemen, so their juxtaposition probably helps it seem better than it is. I didn't hate it, and I might watch it again, but I don't think I'll be adding it to my Tuesday night lineup permanently. But one of my coworkers thought it was hilarious, so it's possible that it'll grow on me.

Pushing Daisies
Grade: A

I loved this one! The bright colors, the narrator, the whimsical music, all of it is great. And yet the plot isn't so saccharine-sweet that it turns you off. There's a nice contrast between the grittiness of the dead bodies and the murders and the whimsicality of the settings and the main characters. I hope this one has a long life.

No comments:

Post a Comment