Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Deliverance

A million years ago* when I was a student at Iowa State, I had an epiphany while walking across campus. I was worried about asking someone a question that I really didn't think I wanted the answer to, when suddenly I lifted up my eyes to the top of the library in front of me.** Mind you, I'd been on campus over a year at that point and walked along that very sidewalk almost every day, but I'd never looked up that high before. This picture on Flickr shows you what I saw. Right along the top of that whole side of the the building, it says, "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." And I realized that maybe it would be better to know the truth than to keep living a lie. Which is to say that I'm not as broken up about recent events as I had expected to be. More on that later.

*actually about ten, which seems just as long to me

** "I will lift up my eyes to the hills, from whence cometh my help." (Psalm 121:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment