Saturday, January 24, 2009

January TV roundup

Since it seems like none of my favorite shows are going to have new episodes this week, this is as good a time as any to catch you up on what I've been watching.

In syndicated TV news, I finally caught up with Grey's Anatomy! That means I needed to find a new show to watch every weekend, and I settled on Medium. I'd seen promos for this show for years, but it didn't look like the kind of thing I'd be interested in. Then I found out it was produced by Glenn Gordon Caron, who also did Moonlighting. That struck my interest, but I didn't actually watch it until this summer by accident. While I was on vacation, I'd set my VCR to tape Grey's Anatomy, but Lifetime moved it while I was gone, so I ended up with two episodes of Medium instead and decided to watch them. That was all it took to hook me! So now that I have the Grey's Anatomy slot open, I'm going to start watching it on purpose.

On DVD, I'm watching The Critic. It's a cartoon that my father loved desperately during the summer between my freshman and sophomore years at UND, and then when it moved to Fox, I had to watch every episode just to remind him that I could and he couldn't! So far I don't remember seeing any of these episodes, so I'm enjoying them with fresh eyes.

I'm so glad that Friday Night Lights is back. It's a little disconcerting that they're in September and we're in January, but I can deal with it. I also miss Jason Street, but I hear he'll be back for at least a few episodes this season. I'm just so glad to have my family back!

I'm still enjoying Privileged, but I can see the cost-cutting all over the place. I bet the CW is ruing the day that they decided to make two of their shows about insanely rich people! But it's not the trappings of wealth that I watch this show for; rather, it's the human interactions.

I'm glad Fringe finally came back, and I'm very glad that they didn't have Olivia langor in captivity for weeks and weeks as some shows might have been tempted to do. And she didn't even need to be rescued by anyone; she took care of it all herself!

The jury's still out on Ugly Betty. It was off for so long and it's just hard for me to get back into it.

I watched the new show Lie to Me this week, and I actually liked it quite well. But when Life comes back in February, it will be no contest.

Well, there you have it. A lot more of my shows are coming back in February, and I'll tell you what I think about them then.

No comments:

Post a Comment