Thursday, August 20, 2009

In this strange labyrinth

I hate the place that I am in right now. I hate not knowing if I can believe the words that somebody says and the explanation that he gives. It is just crazy enough that it might be true, but I also know full well he could just be buying time by telling me what I want to hear. Thinking about the experiences of other people I know provides me no clarity. I certainly can give you examples of women who were too touchy, who nipped a great thing right in the bud because they were too afraid of being hurt. But on the other hand, I can give you plenty of examples of women who stayed through increasingly ridiculous excuses, and things never got better and in the end they wished they had just left the first time.

Well, if one can combine the words of a Romantic poet and a New Age pop song in one post, I leave you with those two references to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment