Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Edy's Mango Yogurt

Ok, so I promised you ice cream reviews, and ice cream reviews you shall have! I told you last time how I have given up on Edy's Fun Flavors, because they now use mainly whey instead of milk or cream. But when I most recently went to Kroger to buy something from the freezer case, Edy's was the only brand on sale. What was a poor girl to do? What I did was look beyond their ice cream selection and notice their line of frozen yogurt. Mango caught my eye, and I'm glad it did!

I haven't really had much experience with frozen yogurt. My mother sometimes would buy it when it first caught on in the late 80's, but to be honest, back then "frozen yogurt" was just a code name for "extremely tepid and uninspired lowfat ice cream"; there was never anything of an actual yogurt flavor to it. I'd never guessed that in the past 20 years or so, they actually learned how to make frozen yogurt with living cultures. This stuff is fantastic, and I'm going to have to try some of their other flavors next.

Final ironic point: although their regular ice cream no longer contains much milk or cream, this frozen yogurt actually contains plenty of both!

No comments:

Post a Comment