Sunday, September 12, 2010

More frozen delights

Before things get really crazy with the new TV season, I had better do another ice cream post. I finally made it to my final Turkey Hill flavor, tin roof sundae. It tastes exactly like tin roof sundae should! I don't know what else to say.

I've also tried a couple of Private Selections flavors, both of which I really enjoyed. Carrot cake was apparently something of a find for me, as I nabbed the last box and can't find anything about it online. It's a wonderful flavor that reminds me a lot of pumpkin. (It contains no actual carrots, if you're wondering, just the spices that would go into carrot cake.) It also has tiny little pecan pieces that are wonderful and occasional pockets of cream cheese icing. My one complaint? They thought they couldn't make a flavor with cake in the title without putting in cake pieces. Real carrot cake was apparently too expensive for them, however, so they used pieces of white sponge cake, which just don't go at all! I'd prefer it if they were left out.

The other Private Selection flavor is burgundy cherry. It's very good, with big pieces of chocolate flake and maraschino cherries. I'd certainly buy it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment