Saturday, August 10, 2013

Artisanal cheese club, month 5

Somehow I let July get away from me, and I completely forgot about posting the month's cheese club selections until it was already over.  Still, I have a good memory, so here goes.

Garrotxa-- This goat cheese from Spain was quite unusual.  It was much firmer than the other kinds we've gotten, although it had the same taste.  My husband usually hates goat cheese but thought this was wonderful, which proves it's a texture issue for him and not the taste.

Taleggio--  This was a very soft Italian cheese which reminded me of Brie, at least in texture.  Artisanal says the flavor is "meaty," and I guess I would concur with that.  I liked the taste, but my husband didn't.

Rolf Beeler Gruyere--  This was a very nice Swiss cheese.  It made me kind of headachy, so it must have been well-aged.

Roomano --  This was much like the aged Gouda we had the first month.  This time I knew better and tasted a small flake before giving it away to neighbors.  I'm learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment