Friday, April 18, 2008

I feel the earth move under my feet

I've been having trouble sleeping lately, so it was no surprise when I woke up a little bit after 5:30 this morning. What was surprising was that my bed was shaking! At first I thought something must be going on next door, but then I realized our cement-block walls make that kind of transference unlikely unless there were some elephants running around. Then I thought maybe I was having hallucinations like Eli Stone. This new medication I'm taking has given me a range of side effects like chills and weakness, so who's to say that hallucinated earthquakes aren't one of them?

If you've watched the news this morning, you probably have already found out what I just did: I wasn't hallucinating! There was an earthquake in Illinois and it was felt by other people in our area. So now I can say I've survived my first earthquake. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment