Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The tortoise and the hare

Yes, yes, I know my last post about it was in December, but just in case you're wondering, I'm still reading Cryptonomicon. It's been sitting on my shelf looking at me for the past 5 months, wondering if I'd ever get back to it again. Well, I've finally been spurred into action when I found out that somebody I know had to get it from OhioLINK because I've been hogging our library's only copy. (Sure, I know dozens of people have probably gotten it from OhioLINK in that time, but I didn't know them, so it's different, ok?) So I actually made some progress with it yesterday afternoon*, and now I'm about 1/4 done with it. I plan on taking it to New Orleans with me, if it doesn't put my luggage over the weight limit!

*Full disclosure: I was really planning to watch a movie on Netflix Instant Watching yesterday, but our building's internet connection was being painfully slow, so the book was my backup plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment