Thursday, June 19, 2008

The WB Online: First thoughts

So I finally got into the beta of the The WB Online, and guess what? It's very beta-y! They have only the first 5 episodes of each show, but I guess it gives you a feel for what it will be like. I was unimpressed with the quality of the video in fullscreen, although it's passable, just not that great when compared to Hulu. It also shows a lot of annoying video promos, etc. when you're sitting on a page trying to decide what to watch, a feature that I hate. (You try to make up your mind when the Friends theme song is blasting at you!)

Anyway, I thought you'd like to know the list of shows they have at present, so here goes: All of Us, Blue Water High (?), Buffy, Dangerous (?), Friends (which we all know was on NBC, so obviously it must have been produced by Warner Brothers), Gilmore Girls, the OC, One Tree Hill, Smallville, and The Wayans Brothers.

I looked up the two shows that I hadn't heard of on that list. They are both from Australia, so I'm not exactly sure what's up with that.

At some point I'll try out more of the features. It's supposed to interact with Facebook in a way that could be cool or could just be annoying. I'll also try watching a full episode of something and tell you if the quality evened out and how many ads there were.

No comments:

Post a Comment