Sunday, August 31, 2008

What I did on my summer vacation

So the new TV season starts tomorrow night, and that means that I'll soon have new things to talk about. Before that happens, I guess I should get you up to date on what I've been watching this summer.

The only new TV show I've been watching is Swingtown, and I love it! I really hope it does come back again in some form. They can put it on HGTV for all I care; just bring it back! It's a much gentler show than people were expecting, and I've come to really care about the characters. Plus I love the hair and clothes and furniture and music. And the swimming pool!

In reruns, I've been continuing with Grey's Anatomy, and am now almost at the end of Season 3. I also watched Season 4 of Angel, which was a chore to slog through. I'll try to catch up with Season 5 next time it comes around; I hear it promises to be a lot more fun.

I already told you about how I tried to watch The Prisoner and gave up halfway through. Other DVD treats I've enjoyed this summer have been the first two seasons of Northern Exposure, which were even better than I remembered from my teenage years, part of season 2 of Bullwinkle, and some classic Doctor Who. Now I've started working on Beauty and the Beast. (The series, not the Disney movie, for those of you who are too young to remember.) I love it so much! I would marry it if I could! Actually, I guess I'd marry Vincent, but that would make Catherine sad, and we couldn't have that.

So that's the story of my summer, screenwise at least. It seems like I didn't accomplish all I set out to, but Lady Love makes fools of us all, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment