Monday, July 5, 2010

Even more ice cream

Ok, the plot thickens. While at Kroger, I looked at several different flavors of Edy's frozen yogurt, and only the mango kind had propylene glycol. Does this mean I'm going to have to read the label every time with them? Oh, joy!

What Kroger has had on sale the last few weeks is Breyer's, and I've been trying out their new all-natural lowfat line. I've tried both strawberry cheesecake and coffee fudge brownie, and both are excellent. I think I haven't met a flavor of Breyer's all-natural that I haven't liked, and even when I think I don't like a certain flavor of ice cream (for instance, coffee), their flavors are so pure that I can't help but be won over. The coffee tastes like frozen coffee with cream, and the strawberry cheesecake tastes like real strawberries and real cream cheese. (Plus, they've resisted the tempation to put in silly crust pieces, which seem like a good idea but are often the downfall of an otherwise fine cheesecake ice cream.)

No comments:

Post a Comment