Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Watching TV Online, Part VI

Today I'm going to talk about some ways I haven't actually tried for myself. There are a whole host of new sites out there that take video already online and offer it up with a standardized searching interface and a nifty player with cool features. Since these sites all require tremendous downloads before you get started, I haven't actually gotten started with any of them. But I will list them here in case you're interested.

Joost- This is the oldest of these sites and seems to be well regarded by people who use it. At first you needed an invitation to get in, but now it's open to everybody. There is a good review of it here.

Veoh- This site has had some problems because they decided to just scoop video from the networks' websites without bothering to ask permission. On the other hand, they have a lot of content posted by individuals, ala YouTube. There is a review of it here.

Miro- This is a new site that has gotten some buzz. A nice review of it is here.

If any of my readers try any of these services, please let me know what you think of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment