Friday, December 21, 2007

Watching TV Online, Part VIII

So yesterday while looking at the list of sites that have Hulu videos, I realized that MSN TV was one of them. I'd never really thought about the fact that this site has videos of full episodes, but it does. Besides the Hulu videos, they have a smattering of new shows from other networks. You can look at the whole list here. They obviously have no advantage over AOL in terms of content, but they do have one feature that I absolutely adore: they tell you exactly how long it will be before each video expires! This is a great feature that I think could really help me prioritize which things to watch when. For instance, I'd like to watch The Bob Newhart Show, and it helpfully tells me it will be available for 101 more days, so I know that I've got roughly until the end of March to get around to it. I'd also like to catch up with Chuck, and it tells me the episodes are available for 28 more days, so obviously I need to get around to that soon. And I've always wanted to go back and see Simon and Simon, of which it says the episodes never expire, so there's no rush on that one at all.

I haven't tried actually watching a video on this site yet, so I have no idea what their player is like. But I can tell you that I'll definitely be consulting this site, if only to find out how long I have to watch certain videos someplace else!

No comments:

Post a Comment