Monday, September 8, 2008

Alone again (naturally)

About 98.5% of the time, I really don't mind living alone. I do like my solitude, and it's wonderful that I can eat what I want to and watch whatever I like on TV. But sometimes it seems really unfortunate, and I'm running up against two of those reasons right now. First, last night I got really sick. The last time I was in so much abdominal pain, I ended up in the hospital. I guess this is a lesson not to eat a nectarine and a piece of coffee cake and then go immediately to bed. But at any rate, there I was with nobody to comfort me or call 911, so all I could do was pray, and it did thankfully go away in about 10 minutes. And then there was no one to go to the kitchen and get me a glass of 7-up except, you guessed it, me.

The other reason is that I'm supposed to get a crown from my dentist tomorrow, way out on Columbus Road. I would really love it if I had somebody to take me there and bring me home, but who's going to do that on the second day of school? I guess Athens Transit is just going to have to suffice, but it would be nice if I had someone like a husband that I could force to take me!

No comments:

Post a Comment