Thursday, September 11, 2008

Week 2 season report

So I've watched two of the new shows this week (I taped Privileged and am going to watch it tonight), and I have to say that I loved, loved, loved Fringe. It reminded me so much of the pilot of Threshold. On the other hand, I'm afraid that it will also suffer the same fate as Threshold. The first episode of that show was so great, but we came back the next week to a watered-down version of the same concept with cheap sets and costumes, no dog, and a vastly diminished premise. (We were going to save the world from imminent catastrophe, and now we're tracking down infectees at the rate of one per week?) So I realize Fringe can't have a super budget every week, but I hope they keep the things I like about the show and don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. And I hear they're keeping the cow, which is very, very important!

Do Not Disturb, on the other hand.... Well, I guess I should say that Jerry O'Connell is a better actor than I realized, because he actually can play a smarmy bastard convincingly. But why do I want to watch him play a smarmy bastard? It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, but I don't think I'll feel like hanging around for it after Pushing Daisies.

No comments:

Post a Comment