Saturday, October 4, 2008

Television roundup

What a week I've had! Somehow I wasn't as busy as I have been other weeks with work, but I felt busier. Maybe that's because the TV season is finally in full swing and I'm still in sampling mode. So I guess I'll tell you a little bit about what I've been watching and what I think. I'm going to do something I haven't done before and try bullet points this time!

  • I loved the return of Brothers and Sisters! Who didn't know that whale was going to break? (Actually, I thought the whole window was going to break, so I was actually relieved that it was just the shelf that fell.) It seems like they've got plenty of stuff going on this year, and I will be tuning in to find out!
  • Chuck was great fun. The only thing is that I expected something to change in the status quo after that episode, but somehow it all went back to normal in the end. I would have liked to see Chuck become assistant manager, especially.
  • Heroes is great! What else can I say?
  • I've always liked Life, and I still do. It's not like it's a groundbreaking show or anything, but it's very well-executed. And apparently I have a thing for redheads.
  • Fringe really stepped it up this week. I love Walter so much, but we all know I have a thing for eccentric college professors. And I'm glad we got to see the cow again.
  • I really like Privileged much more than I ever intended to, so it figures that the ratings are in the basement. But seriously, if you haven't watched it, watch it, and you'll be surprised!
  • I feel quite blasphemous saying this, but the premiere of Pushing Daisies didn't do anything for me. It felt like they were trying too hard, and there were some pacing problems. But of course I'm going to watch it again next week and see if it returns to form.
  • I wasn't quite as put off by Dirty Sexy Money, but it seems like they're trying to change the show a lot, and I'm not exactly sure where it's going to end up.
  • Lipstick Jungle, on the other hand, thoroughly pleased me. Who would have thought it would be beating DSM for my affections in that timeslot?
  • Ugly Betty is another show that seems to be floundering a little bit. It seems like they're setting a lot of dominoes up, but right now I'm not quite sure what's going on.
  • The Ex-List is a real wild card for me. I totally identify with Bella, especially when she said she's 33. (That's exactly my age!) But it kind of seems that going through all her romantic failures week by week will be exactly like going through all of my own. And what's fun about that? The premiere left me wanting to fall on my sword by the end, but I'll watch it again next week and see how I feel then.

Notice something missing? The one show I haven't gotten around to watching online is Gossip Girl. I can't really account for that, and I'm sure if I ever do watch it I'll get back into it, but I wonder what that says about it and/or me.

Ok, now I guess I know why I'm feeling so frazzled. That's 11 hours of TV I've managed to watch this week. And yet, back in the olden days I could probably manage to watch that much on one lazy weekend day. Being an adult isn't all it's cracked up to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment