Sunday, October 5, 2008

Three little words

So today is a kind of a milestone for me! 8 years ago, someone I love very much who was about to move away sat on a chair in my living room and asked me, "Is there something I need to know?" And I wanted so badly to cross the gap and say that I loved him, but I just couldn't. I thought it would be responsible and "nice" and easier to just stay silent, so I did. And a couple of months later, I regretted it mightily when he invited a different girl to move there with him, and I was left thinking, "That could have been me."

Today, someone I love very much asked me the same exact question in the same exact words, and this time, even though it was very, very hard and I'm still half-convinced that I did the wrong thing, I told him the truth, that I love him. And I have no idea what will happen, and maybe things won't turn out any differently in the end, but what I do know is that he'll always know that I love him now. And that makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment