Thursday, November 13, 2008

Moment of Truth

People on various entertainment sites I read keep saying that this year's TV season is a dud, but I haven't wanted to believe them. I still find at least one thing to watch every night, and you can't call that a dud, right? However, I realized yesterday that it was time to update my Facebook profile with the names of my new favorite shows. I do that around this time every year to keep things fresh. So I got out my list of all the shows I watch (yes, I really am that nerdy!) and thought about whether each of them is special enough to go on my profile. To qualify for that, a show has to be not just something I watch, but something I think about all during the week. Using that criterion, the only show I was able to add was Life, and that's not even a new show, just something I'm more into than I was last year. In fact, I even wanted to remove some shows from my profile, because I don't feel so strongly about them anymore. (I'm looking at you, Ugly Betty!) However, I refrained from doing this because I didn't want to empty out the section entirely, and because breaking up is hard to do. But yes, maybe this TV season really is a dud after all. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment