Sunday, November 2, 2008

Still here

So I hope my not appearing here yesterday didn't make any of you think I wasn't still alive. That would be a not-very-nice Halloween prank to play. No, I'm still alive and kicking, and I actually had a pretty good day yesterday. I bought a lot of groceries at two different stores, I worked on the take-home test I have in Linguistics, I made a really excellent hotdish*, and I watched The Shining. I'm not sure how I felt about that movie. It was another one of those cases where I felt like it didn't quite make sense and wanted to go out and read the book. It seems like the only books I actually read these days are the ones that movies are based on! (I'm halfway through Midnight Cowboy at the moment, and if you think the movie is disturbing.....)


*I have to disagree with Wikipedia on this one. There's absolutely nothing that says a hotdish has to include canned soup as a binder. Tomato sauce is also a very popular binding agent and should not be discounted. In fact, the one I made yesterday used almost a whole pint jar of Pace picante sauce. But then again, I am a NextGen hotdish maker!

No comments:

Post a Comment