Friday, November 21, 2008

November TV Roundup

A whole bunch of things have been cancelled in the last few days, and so I thought it was a good time to let you know my thoughts on how the season is stacking up so far.

  • Chuck: This was picked up for a full season a long time ago, and I'm glad. It really is wonderful this year, and I get happy every time I see the opening credits!
  • Heroes: It still doesn't make any sense, and I wish it would at least a little, but I keep watching. I don't know why, but I want Sylar to be redeemed. He's the most charismatic character on the show. I wished he had been killed after season one, but maybe I was wrong.
  • Fringe: I'm pretty sure this was picked up for a full season. I like it perfectly well, but I don't worry about it all week long. And I want more cow!
  • Privileged: This just got an order for more scripts, so that's a positive sign. I wish Megan hadn't told Laurel that she knew her secret. Everything got all weird when she did that, and not in a good way. And Megan's romantic life is a little confusing to me. Still, I love the girls, and that's why I keep watching.
  • Pushing Daisies: They say that after it's finished its run, it's done. I know I'm supposed to be really sad, but I'm not. To be perfectly honest, I think it's the kind of thing that's best in small doses. When people say it's literary, maybe they mean that it would be better if it came out on a schedule like a mystery series, with us eagerly waiting for each new installment. But every week, it's just kind of numbing with its too-much-ness.
  • Life: This got renewed for the full season, and all I can say is "Yes!" I didn't love this show so much at first, but it's really grown on me, and I think it really has gotten better this season. I've been going back and catching up with the first season episodes on Hulu, and they're still pretty good, but they aren't at the level of this season. I know some people are sad that we aren't spending so much time on the ongoing mystery this season, but I don't really care. The cases are the thing!
  • Dirty Sexy Money: They say it's cancelled, and to be honest, I'm glad they're putting it out of its misery. Nothing that has happened this season has been either significant or interesting, and I feel that they're just going through the motions.
  • Ugly Betty: It went through a rough patch earlier this year, but it seems like it's finally hit its stride again: less soapy and convoluted and more heartwarming and real.
  • Life on Mars: They say this will be moving into Dirty Sexy Money's slot in the new year, and I hope this is true. I really am liking this show, and I hope it continues for a while. Once again, though, the ongoing mystery isn't that interesting to me. It's just the cases I want to see.
  • Crusoe: I missed this last week and didn't really care. It's nice mindless television on Friday night when my brain is fried, but that's about all.
  • Lipstick Jungle: I'm so conflicted about this show. There are things I like (Nico and Kirby) and things I don't like (Victory and Joe wasting my time). So I guess whether it's cancelled or stays around, a part of me will be satisfied either way!
  • Brothers and Sisters: This is by far the highest rated show that I watch, so I don't have to worry about it going anywhere for a long, long time. I like that there's a good balance between ongoing storylines and things that wrap up in one episode. The dinner party scenes are always good for some kind of a laugh, but it can also be serious at the same time. This one is really a keeper, and I guess my fellow TV fans agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment